How much does a bathroom renovation fee?
Washroom Reconstruction Fees
The bathroom is one of the most essential rooms of the residence and a renovate can enhance substantial worth to your home. In this cost example we look into the variety of possible costs connected with a Sydney bathroom renovation.
In this guide:
- How long will my washroom restoration take?
- What tradies do I require for my washroom reconstruction?
- Does my washroom renovator need to be certified?
- Contracting a washroom renovator
- Comprehensive bathroom remodelling costs
- Assessing your washroom renovation fees
- Shower screens
- Substitutes to a overall bathroom renovation
When restoring a bathroom, fee is a important factor for deciding on style, trademark and amenities. But how much should you anticipate to budget for when planning a washroom renovate?
For an estimate figure, you can assume to pay anywhere between $10,000 to $35,000+. The fee can vary depending on the size of your bathroom, the supplies used, as well as any labour costs. However, it is possible for a renovation to charge lower about $5000 if you are willing to swap out a few items or continue the remodel a mainly cosmetic update.
Anticipate to expend more if you are thinking of a total reconstruction or:
- Taking upon any structural work
- Want new features that involve additional plumbing works
- Are relocating plumbing from one area to another
- Substituting all wall and floor tiles
(Would you like an precise charge for your washroom reconstruction? Click here to receive three quotes from expert washroom renovators in your area.)
How much time will my washroom remodelling take?
Depending on the extent of the project, the renovation will take time so allocate anywhere from 1 to three weeks of labour. Components that can have an effect on this timeframe include:
- Any structural jobs
- Rearranging plumbing and/or electrical elements
- Having large amounts of tiles to lay
- Unforeseen cases, like learning asbestos in your wall or floor hole.
The study, planning and plan of the remodelling, with no major physical revisions, allocate anywhere six to 8 weeks for this stage. This includes:
- Time to enhance the project
- Picking out supplies and fittings
- Receiving quotes from a selection of businesses.
Which contractors do I need for my bathroom renovation?
Wondering who you may need to hire for your bathroom venture? These are the most common occupations you will need to call on:
Washroom designers can oversee and be in charge of your project completely on your behalf, and time and again have all trades on staff to cover different phases of the job. If not, they can arrange sub-contractors. This will charge you additional but will take the hassle out of any reconstruction work.
If you are hiring individual trades:
Architects help to draw floor plans for your new bathroom, making sure everything is plausibly laid out to match your way of life. Anticipate to spend for the benefit of their expertise.
Carpenters and cabinet makers can assist fix custom storage in your washroom, such as a vanity, cabinetry or any other wooden parts such as a new door or window.
Electricians can help set up lighting, power points, boiler, ventilation and much more.
Painters will have to paint any parts that are not covered by tiles or other components, preferably with a moisture and wear-resistant paint.
Plumbers are possibly the most crucial tradie on your venture, so make certain you employ one who has a reliable track record of working on bathrooms.
Tilers are another key trade who can make or break the façade of your washroom. They also need to get small details right, like making sure your shower recess drains correctly.
Waterproofers will use a selection of sealants and membranes to make certain your washroom is correctly sealed – so you don’t have leaks developing up all over the place.
Always use tradies who are licensed for your bathroom remodelling.
Does my bathroom renovator need to be registered?
Most elements of a washroom renovation, such as plumbing and tiling need the use of a licensed tradies. A whole washroom reconstruction will typically require a licensed builder, with some states having a licence particularly for washroom and kitchen remodelling. Individual trades such as plumbers, waterproofers and sparkies all need to be qualified and registered.
Hiring a Sydney bathroom renovation company
When it comes to time in hiring a worker make sure they are correct for your job. Some questions to ask then include:
– Are you licensed?
– Are you insured to work in my home?
– How long will my work take?
– Can you give a written quote?
– Do you have references I can follow up?
– Can I see samples of your work?
Complete washroom renovations charges
So how much will you have to invest? As a guideline, expect to invest in the region of:
– $5,000 – $15,000 for a cosmetic makeover or smaller washroom reconstruction using budget supplies and fittings.
– $15,000 – $25,000 for an average sized mid-range remodelling using mid-range supplies and fittings
– $25,000+ for a high end washroom reconstruction using best of the range supplies and fittings.
The Housing Industry Association (HIA) found $17,000 to be the normal price for bathrooms set up as part of a reconstruction in 2015. The best way of working out how much your project will cost is to get a range of quotes from local businesses who specialise in remodelling bathrooms. You may be astonished how different they are.
Calculating your washroom renovation costs
Some of the major fees to design for include:
– Plumbing, especially if you are relocating plumbing or fitting new parts.
– Tiling, which could contain floor and wall tiles.
– Frameless shower screen, semi-frameless shower screen or standard shower screen.
– Bath, which could be joined or separate.
– Toilet, which could be a typical version or have an in-wall water tank.
– Vanity, normal or wall framed which looks tidier and gives you more floor space.
– Lighting, which could be task, general or mood.
– Waterproofing, to ensure your washroom doesn’t leak.
(Would you like an precise amount for your washroom reconstruction? Click here to receive three quotes from expert washroom renovators in your area.
Plumbers charge a call-out fee of $60 to $100, with hourly rates anywhere from $100 – $150 depending on the plumber. The fee your plumber charges will depend on where you reside and may differ according to the plumber’s ability level.
Foresee to spend:
– $80 to $250 to replace and match bath or basin taps or a new shower head
– $160 to $550 to set up a toilet, basin, sink or bath
If a plumber is estimating for a sizable task such as your washroom renovation project, ask for an detailed estimate which specifies all the components they are charging for.
A washroom big enough to be a room with extensive cabinetry and storage.
Only a licensed plumber can legitimately carry out any work on your plumbing system
The size of your washroom is going to be a key factor in the budget of your restoration, and since so much of a bathroom is tiled, you need to know what the limitations of your budget are. Expect to be appraised on a per square metre rate by bathroom tilers, which could range from $35 per square metre to $120 per square metre. $60 per square metre is the average for arranging washroom tiles. The cost of the actual tiles would be on top of this, so be sure to include this in.
For wall tiles expect to pay from $20 to $28 per square meter for standard white ceramic wall tiles (600mm x 300mm) to $68 per square metre for steel grey polished porcelain wall tiles (150mm x 600mm). Moving up in price foresee to spend around $86 per square metre for handmade Spanish white gloss ceramic subway tiles (150mm x 75mm) and $159 per square metre for artisan manufactured ceramic wall tiles (200mm x 200mm).
For floor tiles anticipate to pay $35 to $50 per square meter for ceramic or porcelain tiles, $50 to $100 per square meter for high standard porcelain and $80 to $130 per square meter for high quality natural stone tiles.
Baths range in price from economical and versatile acrylic, to durable cast iron and pliable fibreglass to high end natural stone. Foresee to pay anywhere from $350 for a plumber to substitute and fit a bath. New baths can span from as little as $400 to thousands of dollars, with stone freestanding versions at the upper end of the scale.
Shower screens vary in cost based to their size and if they are edged, semi-frameless or frameless, with the latter being the most expensive. Expect to pay in the region of $400 to have a basic enclosed shower screen installed. Frameless shower screens use thicker glass, and are thus more pricey – anticipate to spend in excess of $600 depending on the size and number of panels.
Depending on the toilet you select, these can cost from $150 to $750 or more for a floor-mounted unseen water tank or wall hung toilet. On average, a good standard floor-mounted glassy china toilet costs between $275 and $450.
Bathroom vanities range in price from:
– $467 for a 900mm wall hung vanity with concealed handgrips
– $849 for a 750mm floorstanding console vanity
– $999 for a 1500mm double bowl vanity
– $1360 for a 1200mm wall hung vanity with combined cermaic basin
Foresee waterproofing to cost anywhere from $500 to $750 for an average sized washroom.
Alternatives to a complete bathroom reno
If you’ve estimated the cost of a dream washroom restoration and the amount is higher than you can afford, there are ways to remodel your washroom without breaking the bank. Some choices to a complete bathroom remodelling include:
– Setting up a new shower screen
– Bath and basin resurfacing
– Painting bathroom tiles
– Setting up a skylight
Look through our Bathroom Designs Ideas pages for which project elements entice to you the most, or check out some of our articles on washroom overhauls for inspiration.
* All the costs and prices quoted were found at the time this article was penned. They are suggestive, may vary locally, are subject to market powers and should only be used as a model.